Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 95

Wow! I'm just screaming down the lefthand lane of October with apparently NO BRAKES!!  Half the month is officially gone and I'm nowhere near ready for the second half. There is so much to do in the next few weeks including high-power visitors in my office next week, travel for two weeks after that to Stamford, CT and Las Vegas, NV. During all the travel is Halloween (which is generally a big deal around my house...okay...just me) and I will not be decking myself out this year. However, in honor of Halloween and to share just how nutty my costume obsession can get, here is a little collage of my costumes over the past few years:
(Clockwise from top left) A Scary Ghost; The Andromeda Galaxy; The Dark Fairy Queen; Madame Butterfly
Out of all these costumes, Madame Butterfly was my favorite. I had about 50 silk butterflies glued to my body or on wire coming out of my hair. The makeup is ALWAYS a big part of my costumes. It is like being a little girl all over again, except only better because I have more disposable income now. **smile** I always make my own costumes and I get ideas from all over the place. The Ghost costume (which my son hated and said I could never do again...he said it was against my nature too much) I made out of two long sheer curtain panels that I ripped into strips and hot glued to a white T-shirt. Then I wore white shorts underneath. The rod pocket at the top of the curtains I ripped off and then put a ribbon through the pocket to make a collar for the costume which covered up the top row of glued on strips. I was SCARY! Boo!! You're very afraid!! You can't see all the costume for the Andromeda Galaxy, but besides the galaxy face makeup, I had the galaxy on my shirt and pants and had about 30 rhinestone pins in my BLACK (yes, I dyed it...a subject that could fill another blog)  hair, and yes, I still have some of the dark color left in my hair and that was 2 years ago! Anyway, no costume this year since I'll be in Stamford at my company headquarters and they don't do Halloween there like we do down here. This year I was going to be a Jelly Fish! Think about it, the idea will grow on you. Maybe next year!

Yes, I may be crazy, but I sure do have a good time. Give me some makeup, a few scraps of cloth and some hot glue and watch out! I'll have you dressed up like Lady Godiva or something before you know it...dressed up like Lady Godiva...HA, HA, HA!!  Sorry...made myself laugh there!!

So, it is already 8pm and I've got to keep myself on track with getting to be at 8:30pm. I've got to admit that it sure makes getting up at 4:30am much easier when you've gotten to bed and had 8 hours of sleep. Who knew!?! Okay, everyone but me, apparently. There's so much I wanted to say today, but it will just have to wait till tomorrow. Just know that it was a fine day and I was happy with the results. Until tomorrow, sweet dreams, Sweeties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment