Sunday, August 18, 2013

Day 37

This can't be August! It was really nice again this morning so I wasted time enjoying breakfast and lunch outside. Mosquitos be hanged! I didn't care. Let them dine on me and I hope they choke!! I didn't even spray myself with repellent!

I spent the morning filming, editing/producing and loading a new video onto YouTube. My channel there is just under my name, Nancy Hemati. I post what I like there. I'm not driven to make only one type of video. I believe in allowing myself to be creative however the mood strikes me. Today, it was makeup. It is the first thing I did out of bed this morning, aside from washing my face and brushing my teeth. The house was quiet and I wanted to review two new mascaras that I bought on Saturday (day 36). The brand is Ioni Cosmetics and I've only started seeing them here where I live in the past few weeks. I've bought a blush (quite pigmented) and now these two mascaras. The names are Phatlash and Lashaffair. The Phatlash says that it is volumizing and waterproof and the Lashaffair says that it is lengthening and waterproof. Here is the video of my 'pilot' of these two mascaras:
(Note:  Fair warning! I did not narrate this video, but instead added a peppy song. If you don't like music behind your YouTube videos, you're going hate this one!)
I wore the mascaras all day and I really liked both of them. The Phatlash did a better job of keeping my eyelashes curled, but the Lashaffair did okay. Both were better than some of the brands I've paid LOTS more for. I didn't notice any smudging on my face, but when I had to 'dab' my eyes (allergies you know) while outside, I did notice some black on the tissue. That was from the Lashaffair side. These mascaras were $2.25 each at my HEB (grocery store). I really liked making the film, but I've got to get some better lighting for the bathroom.  It's terrible!

The rest of the day has been spent doing laundry and generally enjoying the day. I did not read today, but I will tonight after folding all the clean laundry and getting that put away.  Eating was fine and here is how it went:

Breakfast - Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Breakfast Delights sandwich with an extra 1 oz. of light cheddar on the side (340 calories)
Lunch - My Fit Foods Blazin' Cajun Shrimp (medium size) (340 calories)
Snack - Pretzel chips and Laughing Cow cheese (170 calories)
Dinner - My Fit Foods Killuh' Chili w/1 oz. Baked Doritos (330 calories)

Total for the day - 1,180 calories!  Much better!!  I need to try to get close and stay close to 1,200.  To make that happen the snack is critical. Also, I haven't been eating fruit, so I need to make sure I do that. I'll put some fruit in my lunch box for tomorrow!

I'm getting really excited about day 60, which is when I'll put on my black dress and my husband takes some new pictures. I haven't cheated and tried the dress on, but I really do think it's going to look okay...maybe even good! Someone has to take me out in it...that will probably be my sister, since no one around here likes taking me out. Eating out is a misery for my husband. He HATES restaurants. I'm good either way. It used to be something I looked forward to, because I didn't have to cook. Since I don't cook anymore, it isn't such a treat. I just would like for someone to want to be seen in public with me. I know he isn't ashamed of me...really...I hope not anyway. Okay, that's enough! He doesn't like going out and I do, so there! My sister will take me out!! After almost 32 years of marriage, what do I expect? 

The rest of the day will be me getting the laundry finished and put away, reading and resting before the busy work week ahead. Week after next is the start of school and I have a couple of days off. That will be nice. I believe we are ready for the start of school. Let's just hope we're all ready...if you know what I mean. Until tomorrow, sweet dreams, Sweeties!


No comments:

Post a Comment