Saturday, November 16, 2013

Days 126 and 127

I am a YouTube-aholic. There, I've said it out loud. I can safely say that because I don't find that my addiction is actually causing any problems in my life. YouTube actually teaches me stuff and I love to learn something new. In fact, I spent over 30 years of my adult life not doing something that YouTube has helped me learn to handle again, makeup. This may seem trivial to you, but to me it is monumental. I have a couple of skin conditions that range from debilitating to just annoying. The debilitating condition doesn't affect my face, thank God, but the annoying one does. I leave the worst for another blog, but the annoying condition is Rosacea. I've suffered, and I do mean suffered, with it for most of my life. It was only about 20 years ago that I learned it could be controlled with a topical ointment. However, more than 10 years ago, that stopped working well for me. About 1 year ago I began seeing a dermatologist for both of my skin issues and now I take a daily pill which keeps the Rosacea fully in check. This made it possible for me to wear makeup once again after more than 30 years. With so much time away from the art of good makeup, I needed to learn a trick or two...or 1,000. Anyway, in steps YouTube. I also read makeup Blogs as well, but I must say, YouTube has provided hundreds of videos for me to watch and copy. I've even made a couple of makeup related videos for my own YouTube channel! What fun!! I have a reason for wanting to talk about makeup...really...I do! There is a tag flying all over YouTube called the Perfect Palette Tag, where the YouTuber makes a video in response to the following about makeup palettes:

  1. Best Packaging
  2. Best Color Payoff
  3. Most Versatile
  4. Best for Traveling
  5. Biggest Regret
  6. Best Color Names
  7. Least Used
  8. Most Used, Most Loved, Desert Island
It is my desire to do this tag on my blog today! I love makeup. I love the colors and the art of it and I love how it makes me feel. Now that I'm actually able to use makeup, I realize that all those years without it I either looked sick from all the breakout on my face, or I looked like I didn't care. With makeup, at least I look like I made an effort. No one could possibly understand if they don't have Rosacea, but with the condition under control, I will always wear makeup whenever I desire. So, here is my response to the tag list above:

1. Best packaging: The award goes to Urban Decay for the Vice 2 palette! (By a hair...Inglot is great too!)

Oh, MG, this is the most fantastic packaging. I complain every morning while putting on my makeup that some of the companies who design the product packaging, don't actually use the makeup! There are some packages that I have to grab my trusty tweezers that my sister bought me to get the dang things open!!

2. Best color payoff: The award for rich color again goes to Urban Decay for the Vice 2 palette!! I've only had the palette for a short period of time, but the looks I've done with this shadow have been so rich and beautiful. Also, I just barely tap the brush in the shadow and that's all I really need! I'm so glad I invested in this palette!

3. Most Versatile:  And the award for most versatile palette goes to Inglot! I can change out the colors with tons of color options and this palette gives me shadow, powder foundation and blush, to boot!
I've only had this palette since my trip to Las Vegas and it is my first Inglot palette. I can tell you for sure it is not going to be my last. Love it!!

4. Best for traveling: This got the test during my recent trip and proved to be perfect. Small, colors I love and great packaging on top of that! The award for best traveling palette goes to Marc Jacobs!!
I love the small shape, protective pouch and the three colors work great for me. The included mirror is large and it fits into my small handbag perfectly. Thanks, Marc!!

5. Biggest regret: This award goes to Urban Decay for the Naked2 palette. I bought it and I've used it maybe 5 times, but it doesn't have colors I run to and the palette is really big. It was expensive, so hence, the regrets.
I like the Naked Basics palette better!

6. Best color names:  The award for this goes to Too Faced for the Natural Eye palette. The shadow names are sexy, like Velvet Revolver, Honey Pot, Sexpresso, Erotica and Silk Teddy. The colors are beautiful and the eye looks I've made have been lovely. I especially love Nude Beach!
These colors look really great with my brown eyes, or at least, I think they do! **smile**

7. Least used:  The award for this goes to Tarte for the Aqualillies palette.  I've used it twice. The best way I can describe this palette is, "Meh!"
The palette should be great for travel as it has face and eyes covered, somewhat, but I don't like how the products look on me. The blush doesn't look like anything special, the bronzer is way too orange and the highlighter is too yellow! Expensive too!! The best I can say is it is round, which is different.

8. Most used/most loved/desert island:  The palette that I love and use the most and would not want to be without is one that probably no one else likes. The award goes to Sephora for their Natural Instincts Palette! I use this palette most of the time. I love that I can do neutral to smokey looks and lovely down-played blues for my brown eyes. Thanks, Sephora!!
I wouldn't call it the most pretty palette, but it has neutrals, golds, silvers, grays, blues and browns. I love every look that has come out of this palette and the shadows are very pigmented, too! I just dab and go, so the palette should last me for quite awhile.

So that's my palette love for today. I wore a no-makeup makeup look today which I'm working to perfect. You'd be surprised how much makeup is needed to make you look like you don't have any makeup on! Crazy!!

The next week I will be cooking for the first time in about 4 months. We're going to see if I can eat normal sized portions of my own cooking with lots of veggies and fruit. Pray for me! I think I'm going to need it.

In the area of exercise, please make it a point to go over to gooveanywhere.com and check out their site. These folks are really doing a great job and they are helping me get the exercise right and even enjoy it. There are also helps for nutrition and such. Really, don't take my word for it, go look!! That's okay...you can thank me later!

Now it's time for me to get on with other things in my day. Until tomorrow when you'll hear about something I just can't wait to tell you about, sweet dreams, Sweeties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment