Friday, August 23, 2013

Day 42

I am hopeless when it comes to shopping. Forget what you ever heard about women and shopping when you think of me. I do not fit the mold, at all. Today I had two coupons for stores in my area which are not far from each other and not in malls (I don't like malls). So, I thought, "It should be easy to find shirts or something for the family at both of these stores." Now, I did go to both stores. So, let me just say that I made it that far. The problem is I become overwhelmed in 2 seconds if I don't have my sister with me to hold my hand and calm me down. I know what I want, but do you think I can find it? Also, there are 10,000 things that shine and blink at me and oh, MG, I'm in trouble very quickly. I stuck it out for over an hour, but I ended up going home only to have someone say things like, "Why didn't you just pick something up? We can always take it back!" OMG, AGAIN!!  Take it back? I hated every second of the shopping event to begin with! In the end we made a deal. I will go and purchase 'something' and if he doesn't like it, he will take it back and exchange it.

Friday has also become my 'sushi' lunch day. However, a friend from work wanted to have lunch together and she doesn't like sushi. So, we ended up at The Fire Bowl. I like that place and I had a cup of the Spicy Coconut Soup (a favorite) and a Soft Thai Summer Roll.  It was really good! Lunch was under $5 and I was perfectly satisfied.  Good choice! I may have to have Friday be sushi or Fire Bowl lunch day from now on! Actually, I will just take the days as they come. More fun that way!

The rest of today is just to be spent enjoying my interests, writing my grocery list and getting some rest. I can't think of anything better! Someone asked me today if I ever went out with 'friends' and I thought that was a strange question. Of course I spend time with my friends! I have lots of acquaintances, as well, but real friends are few. Some of my friends are not where I can spend lots of time with them, but I never judged the size/depth of a friendship by how much time they spend with me anyway. I know they love me for just the fact that I'm me and it's the same for me. I love them because they are GREAT! Do we really have to be in each other's pockets all the time? Can you imagine me in your pocket all the time!?! What a crazy picture that puts in your head!!!

Okay, enough of "Nancy Expounds on Friendship." I wanted to share a picture with you today that represented the day for me. I've thought and thought and this is what I came up with:
Mr. Rockwell didn't know he was depicting my day when he painted "Couple in a Rumble Seat" in 1935. The fellow doesn't look too excited, but I give him credit for sticking with the crazy lady with a smile. Stick with me here, it's likely to a bumpy ride! Until tomorrow, sweet dreams, Sweeties!

Blog Update:

Walked on the treadmill 31 minutes to the following play list from the group Viva Brother (love these guys!)

New Year's Day
Still Here
David
High Street Low Lives
Electric Daydreams
Darling Buds of May
Fly By Nights
False Alarm (my favorite! "I'm doin' it on my own!")
Shoot Like Lightening
Time Machine
Otherside

Okay, so that's really the Viva Brother album titled, Famous First Words. I think I listened to a couple of the songs while I was warming up and cooling down, but it's a great album. Check for it on iTunes and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment