Thursday, August 1, 2013

Day 20

Almost 3 weeks and I'm still going strong here! Eating right is so much easier with My Fit Foods. Today was busy, but great. If you read yesterday's blog, you know I'm traveling tomorrow. A true test of learning is being thrust into a new situation and then applying what you've learned. This situation won't be all bad, as the location I'm traveling to has My Fit Foods! But, I won't be able to get every meal there like I do at home. So...I'll be using my 'portion control' learning from having 3 weeks of small MFF meals. They are not only helping me eat the right foods, but the right amount. This is a HUGE problem for me. So, all you restaurants out there, NOW HEAR THIS! I have a list of demands! (That's right!! Not even out of the first paragraph and I'm going to write a list!!)

My Restaurant Demands
  1. I do not want my food stuffed full of high-fat ingredients. (Hold the cheese, please!)
  2. I do not want my food FRIED! (May I please have that grilled? I'm asking nicely here!)
  3. I do not want my food covered in salt. (I know, I know...I'm the only one.)
  4. I do not want my food prepared with added sugar. (Ah Ha!! You thought I didn't know that you put SUGAR in your pizza dough so I'd eat more pizza, but I know.  Now, CUT IT OUT!)
  5. I do not want my food portion super-sized!! (Please, make my food portion normal size and oh, by the way, normal size portions should come with a normal size price. MFF charges less for smaller portions!)
  6. I do not want my food drowning in sauce. (MFF chefs, can you please explain to the restaurant chefs what I mean??)
  7. I do not want my food to 'pretend' to be healthy! (In the words of Nike, "Just do it!"
I feel like Dr. Seuss! I will not eat them in a park, I will not eat them in the dark. I will not eat this nasty food, I will not eat...well, you get the picture.

Don't get me wrong, I still have the ability to eat VOLUMES of food. I think it was born in me. If you met my parents and family, you'd understand. Being that most of them are dead (yes, I'll be like the lunatic Ferdinand from the 'Duchess of Malfi' here and say, "Cover her face; mine eyes dazzle; she died young" as they all died, in my opinion, very young). I do not wish to be one of them! Having lost weight before, I know I can do it, but I also know that as soon as I try to eat my own food again, back comes the weight. The doctor says that the extra weight could lead to more cancer, so I want this off me! NO MORE CANCER!!! (By the way, if I haven't said this lately, cancer really stinks!!!) So, this time, I have nutritionists and chefs on my side!  Thanks, My Fit Foods!!!

Be sure to check over the weekend as I give some feedback on the My Fit Foods in Dallas. I hope they are just as good as my Austin chefs. Thanks for checking in on my nonsense! Have a great evening and until tomorrow, sweet dreams, Sweeties!  

No comments:

Post a Comment