Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Day 54

Wow! The never-ending days keep rockin' on. This one was GREAT, but 12 hours at work is not good for a healthy Nancy. So, tomorrow will have to be shorter. I have the dentist in the morning and I'm expecting there to be great glee expressed at the improved condition of my teeth and gums. As you may recall (or not if this is the first blog you're reading) I have a goal this year to increase my overall health and teeth are specifically mentioned (see the posting titled:  Documenting Progress and Celebrating Success for more details). The dentist is likely to be impressed (I hope) and she should be, this is hard work, but I love the improved condition of my teeth. I have good, strong teeth, but just didn't do a good job brushing/flossing. Once I had better tools and had learned better technique, it was a synch! My teeth are unlikely to ever be sparkling white. I don't have those kind of teeth, but they are lovely clean and with healthy looking and feeling gums.  I'm thrilled with the results.

I'm gearing up for day 60 when I'll try on smaller clothes and take photographs. Maybe people will give me some feedback on how it looks, but honestly what matters most is what I think. As a friend wrote to me recently, "I don't think God meant us to live unhappy." I fully believe this to be true and I'm the one that needs to be happy here. As selfish as that may sound, I'm not doing this for anyone else but me.

So, I have to relay a story about what happened today during a fire drill at work. The drill(s) (there were two of them) went perfectly and I was proud of my office, but that's not the amazing part. Here is what happened. Being in leadership it just goes with the job that you make sure others are safe before yourself, so I watched for others and made my way out of the building towards the end. After finishing the stay in the meeting area, we were allowed to return. I stayed again to the back of the pack to make sure there were no stragglers or people who were suddenly struck down by fresh-air sickness and fainted under a tree or something (ha,ha,ha,ha...). As I was waiting, I got a call on my cell phone from a customer that I work with regularly and I ended up standing there for about 3 minutes talking with him. At the end, I just turned around and soared up the stairs to the back doors. When I reached the top I was suddenly struck by the fact that I just whizzed up these stairs without holding onto a rail, my knee or huffing and puffing.  I was not winded, tired, aching, paining, or anything-ing!!  OMG!!!  My body is HAPPY!!! On the inside (inside of me) I actually started singing Pharrel Williams' song, "Happy!" From that moment on (10am) there was nothing that would have wrecked my HAPPY feeling. I am TOTALLY amazed at how forgiving my body is being. I had worked hard to get myself in to better physical condition, only to give it up to laziness. I don't ever want to feel differently than I felt today. Just AMAZING!

There are definitely problems to solve and issues to deal with, but I couldn't be bothered with these today. I want to have my walk (obviously, this is not being skipped) relax a bit before taking my leave. I just got some work that will have to be completed tonight before I go to bed, but it will have to wait until our web issues at work are resolved. So, off to walk I go. The walking play list or tonight is:

  1. Dizzy by Tommy Roe
  2. Reminiscing by Little River Band
  3. Incense and Peppermints by Strawberry Alarm Clock
  4. Build Me Up Buttercup by The Foundations
  5. Let's Dance by Benny Goodman
  6. Confusion by ELO
  7. The  Rain, The Park and Other Things by The Cowsills
  8. Midnight Confessions by The Grass Roots
  9. Love Will Keep Us Together by The Captain and Teneal
  10. Crystal Blue Persuasion by Tommy James and The Shondells
Walk and it will change your life. Walk with purpose and you'll get somewhere at the same time. I'm walking with purpose; to get this body where it should be! Join me!! So we can all be HAPPY!!! So, until tomorrow, sweet dreams, Sweeties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment