Thursday, January 9, 2014

Day 182

Good evening world! It is Thirsty Thursday!! I love the new themes I'm working my blogs around at the moment. Since I'm a Gemini born on the cusp (whatever that means) I'm likely to change my mind. Oddly enough, it's true! I am a bit capricious!! No matter...being Thirsty Thursday I have for you some information about a great wine being consumed in the HV household this week. The wine of choice is a Graffigna Centenario Malbec Estate Bottled Reserve vintage 2011. The wine is nothing less than superb.  I'm not a wine expert, but I can read and in his article, High-Wire Act: An Indian Summer Rescues Argenitina's Trying 2011 Vintage, in the December 15, 2013 issue of Wine Spectator, Nathan Wesley writes, "After a trying growing season, 2011 can now safely be called one of Argentina's best vintages in recent years. Overall, I rate the vintage 91 points on Wine Spectator's 100-point scale." After reading that article, I took Mr. Wesley at his word and purchased this bottle of wine:
I believe this was the best Malbec I've had to date and I have purchased additional bottles for the future. I'm not sure what would be considered 'regular' in the world or wine drinking, but I have less than one glass of wine per week. So, when I do choose to drink a glass of wine with dinner, I want it to be red and good. This Malbec is dry, but not overly so, with a taste of oak and fruit. I'm probably not describing it well, but take my word for it, it's a lovely thing. I paired this wine with Persian food and it was great. I'm not smart about wine terms, but this wine has legs and in my book that means it doesn't need a thing; it stands very nicely on it's own. Probably that term means something different, but I could care less. 

That's it for tonight. Projects are going well and tomorrow being Friday I'm hoping for a smooth close to the work week. For now, I'm off to prepare for bed. So, until tomorrow when I'll share more about life with The HumbleVoyager, Godspeed, Voyagers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment