Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 192 and 193

What a great weekend! I've skipped days again, but like I've said before, I'm a grown-up and can do that. Sunday was laundry day, as usual and it went just as expected. Today was a work holiday and an even better Monday than usual.

As is appropriate for Sunday it's a good time to review the previous week. I wish it had been better, but the week just got away from me in so many ways. Maybe it's a product of aging, but time seems to fly by for me. The plan last week was to exercise each evening. Since that didn't happen, this week the plan is to exercise before I allow myself to eat my lunch each day. We'll see how that goes.

Today was absolutely a stand-out, beautiful day. At a high of 82 degrees, I was able to enjoy a good portion outside. I ate my lunch on the deck and read for several hours in a comfortable place overlooking the park.  Being winter, all of the plants are dead, but I still love the look of the faded foliage. Here is what I viewed from my deck today:
The photos don't do the day justice. Yes, I look at cars in the driveway, but I see past all that to the beauty of the blue sky and spent a foliage. Really, a great day.  By the end of the week we may have freezing rain again, but for today I had a little bit of spring.

What would Monday be without a few of Nancy's Nuggets? So, here we go...
1. It's great to be strong, yet sad to have gained that strength at the hands of a bully.
2. There is nothing better than doing exactly what you want.
3. Thank God I haven't yet eaten the last piece of cheesecake on earth!
4. When you don't know what to do, sing until the answer is clear.
5. It's easy to be happy. Just decide it is so!

That's it for today.  So, until tomorrow, Godspeed, Voyagers!!


No comments:

Post a Comment