Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 149

You'll notice immediately that I did not write a blog entry for days 147 and 148. I've skipped them, because I can. They were uneventful except that I had a good time getting ready for the new way of things for now and into the future. I'm still working on how I will count the calories but I'm sure I'll use technology. There are so many apps out there to choose from, I just have to work out that detail. For today, I used an app called My Diet Diary. I'm not in love with it, but it counted my calories for me. So, first things first. Here is what I currently weigh in at:

280.2 lbs.

Yes, that's nearly exactly what I had estimated (I said 280) and absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe that I'm here again, but it's true.  Will I never get this right? My goal weight is:

160 lbs.

which is 6 lbs. more than all the charts say I should be. I'm sure I will have other goals, but this is my first and grand goal. So, yes, I need to lose 120.2 lbs.; that's a whole person! I'd like to do it as quickly as possible, but still remain a sane and even-tempered human being. My goal date is: January 1, 2015. To keep myself sane and human, I will allow myself an off day now and again. We'll see how it goes.

Each Sunday I will weigh and log the amount at the head of the blog and include the statistics about the weight loss. I promise to log faithfully my food and exercise each day, as well. All of this will keep me on track, because the last thing I want to do is to have to tell you that I gained instead of lost weight on any given week.

Food Log:
  • Breakfast - Irish Oatmeal with Golden Raisins, Brown Sugar, Roasted Walnuts and Half&Half
    • total calories = 327.7
  • Lunch - Vegetable Beef Soup with 1 Chicken JalapeƱo Cheese Lean Pocket with Raw Carrots
    • total calories = 411.5
  • Snack - Jolly Time Popcorn and Low-Fat Buttermilk
    • total calories = 190
  • Supper - Turkey Cheese Burger with Brussels Sprouts and a glass of Malbec
    • total calories = 500
  • Total Calories for the day = 1429
Exercise Log"
  • Walked in the park on the trail with Sloan for 10 minutes
Overall, I feel very good about the day. I'm still eating foods that were in the freezer and was able to eat well and enjoy my food. This time of year, I love oatmeal and soup, so I had foods I really liked. That will be important as I move along through this process. I will eat lots, because I am always hungry.

I've done laundry and the walk I took with my son was outside, which is where I love to be. It's COLD today, but at least I'm not dealing with the ice they have up north in my state! So, now it's time for me to get on with the laundry and close out the weekend in time for the start of a brand new work week. So, until tomorrow when I will give you an update about what the day looked like for a person trying to lose an entire person from their frame, sweet dreams, Sweeties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment