Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 143

First of all, let me just say that life is one busy thing after another! I absolutely love this time of the year, but it goes by so quickly I hardly have time to recognize all the fun I'm having before *POOF* it's gone!! At the moment I'm supposed to be cleaning my living room in anticipation of my company that will be here Friday afternoon, but instead I'm writing, which is just a WHOLE other level of fun for me. The living room isn't really a mess, but it could use some love and care. I'm hoping I can get my husband on-board with helping me out a bit. *smile*

Last night was steak night and when I say steak, I mean the only steak that's worth having and that's Prime Filet Mignon. I'm so glad you can now find prime beef in the local markets. Some people say that filet doesn't have to be prime to be good, but I do not agree. If prime beef isn't available, I'd rather have Salmon or Halibut instead. Dinner was easy as I had leftover roasted potatoes and broccolini to go with it and so here is what the plate looked like:
The wine was a really good one last night. Yes, another Malbec! Red has become my wine of choice and specifically a Malbec. So far, as long as I stick to the true Malbec of the Mendoza region of Argentina, I've not been let down. I am not a huge wine drinker, but my doctor says that red wine, in moderation, actually can be quite healthy for you. I drink about a glass of red wine a week. With all the cooking I did over the weekend we are firmly into leftover land now. I hope the family doesn't get too tired of it all!

Up until now I've been fairly cautious about social media. I recognize that this is how people get traffic to their blog, but I honestly don't see how other bloggers are keeping up. I have accounts with Instagram (see my postings in the right sidebar of this blog) and now Pinterest. Twitter I see as like a mini-blog, but it's still all about connecting with people and wow! These sites can consume all your free time just keeping them all updated and full of new content all the time. I don't even do that much on these sites and I'm already overwhelmed! I'm seriously evaluating all of the sites I'm currently a member of and looking at what it's doing for me. We'll see who stays and who goes!

Nancy's Nuggets for Monday:

  • It was about 75 degrees F today...I love Austin!
  • Update: the items on my 2013 52 Things List are as DONE as they are going to get.
  • As soon as you paint your nails, you will chip the prettiest one! **sigh**
  • In life, you will get exactly what you accept. (Chipped nail be gone! I do not accept you!!! Did it work?)
  • It's impossible to help someone who doesn't know they need help! (Translation: He who doesn't know, and doesn't know he doesn't know, is forever mired in benightedness!)
Nancy's Nuggets were fun. Maybe they will be a regular on Monday's! We'll see how it goes. Now it's time to tidy this living room and then get myself to bed. I'm really tired since I didn't sleep well last night. I'm confident that tonight will be better! So, until tomorrow when we'll have to find something new and fun like 'nuggets' to introduce, sweet dreams, Sweeties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment