Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 178 and Sunday Review

Good Sunday morning! I had a lovely day yesterday and now it's my domestic day. So far, I've started the cooking for the dinners next week. I may not have told you, but I am committed to making sure we have a balanced dinner at the ready for each night and the only way I can really do that for Monday through Friday is to cook ahead. Our family will use three main dishes which are full of vegetables and meat to take us through the week. This week I'm cooking Persian food:

Khoreshe Geimeh
(Meat with Yellow Split Pea Sauce)

Khoreshe Lubia Sabz
(Meat with Green Bean Sauce)

Khoreshe Bamieh
(Meat with Okra Sauce)

All three of these dishes are served with Cheo (Rice) and are absolutely delicious. I love the Geimeh (Yellow Split Peas) as it is mild and has roasted potatoes mixed into the sauce in the end and I love potatoes. The Lubia Sabz can also be made into a Polo (that's where the sauce is mixed in with the rice) and I love it that way too! I've been cooking Persian food for over 32 years now and I really do love the flavors. I'm not a huge fan of rice, but I do like and eat Persian rice. Everything freezes well and so most will be portioned out and put into the freezer and will be at the ready when someone is hungry.  Yum!!

Last night while I was watching a variety of content on Netflix sitting here at my desk, I completed my very first Duct Tape project. I made a Duct Tape Wallet for myself. I have been struggling with finding a wallet and have just been keeping my money and cards in a zipper pocket in my purse. This is okay, but it's very unorganized. I was completely floored by the prices of good wallets and so I haven't bought one. I guess I'm in official protest over the outrageous prices. Now, this being my first, it isn't perfect, but I will do more. It was so fun and if I'm going to watch "TV" or Netflix or the like, I have to have something else to do. I can't just sit and watch TV or a movie.  I just can't do it!! There is so much to be done around here that if I just sit and watch some TV or entertainment content, I really feel guilty about it. Anyway, here are some photos of the wallet I made:
I just happened to have a partial role of hot pink Duct Tape (yes, I love pink and if I'm going to have to do something with Duct Tape, it's going to have some pink in there) and so that's what I used. The ideas are now running rampant through my head and I will likely be making more Duct Tape creations in the near future. I had so much fun!!  Making the Duct Tape ruffles were especially fun. I think everything I make will likely sport ruffles.**smile**  I used a video I found on YouTube as my guide or sort of my guide.  I didn't follow this young lady completely, but my next one I'll follow her completely so my cards fit better.  Here's the video:

I messed up a little bit and didn't make the pockets quite big enough for my credit cards, so I made a little companion purse to hold the cards.  I didn't take its picture because it is a very plain little pouch. I'll add ruffles and then it will be smashing!! The YouTube channel for the young lady above is SoCraftastic. I learned to make the Duct Tape ruffles from the YouTuber at SimplyDuckDesigns. Here is her video for a Duct Tape Coin Purse with Ruffles (my next project!):
These are so much fun! I will also be making some tote bags that are lined with Duct Tape. I'll share as soon as I create my first one. It might take me awhile to get all of the supplies together.  It's a busy time around here! So, I would definitely suggest visiting YouTube and checking out the channels for SoCraftastic and SimplyDuckDesigns. Both of these young ladies are very clever and the videos are fun to watch. 


That's it for me for now.  I'm off to finish the cooking and baking (baking cookies and cupcakes for the week to keep everyone smiling) and have the laundry to do. I'll watch the bright, windy day through the front windows while I work and dream of my next weekend adventure. Until tomorrow, when I'll share nuggets, Godspeed, Voyagers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment