Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 176

Enhancements by:
Office Essentials
I am so glad that this week is over. It isn't that the week was hard. It just felt long. The day off in the middle was nice, but really seemed to extend the feeling that the week would never end! Things should be finally back to normal on Monday. Most, if not all, people will will back from holidays and work should start to flow more steadily.

As I worked today, I thought about how good I feel about my list of 52 things and contemplated how I should develop something similar for my work life. Maybe instead of 52 things, its more like 24 things, which would equate to 2 things to accomplish per month. I'm going to think about that completely this weekend and see if I can come up with anything. If I do, I'll post it here so you can read and laugh or cry, whichever seems most appropriate.

For 2014 there will be changes to the blog. I will continue to chronicle what I'm doing to become fit, but I will be standardizing some features. Also, I want to do more videos this year. Here is a list of some of the things I've been considering for the blog...

  1. Daily themes -- I've been thinking about these:
    1. Nancy's Nuggets on Mondays (I started that in 2013 and liked doing that.)
    2. Office Essentials Tuesdays -- I think I'll do a photograph at least once per week of the essentials I'm using for my business makeup look. (Example below...)
      This week's Office Essentials
    3. Did You Know Wednesdays -- The Wednesday blog might focus on a "Did You Know?" question that I've been thinking about, studied and found an answer to...sort of.
    4. Thirsty Thursdays -- Blogs could include my wine of choice for the week and what I think of it.
    5. Reflection Fridays -- Friday's blogs might include a recap of my success/failures over the previous 7 days in the area of fitness, eating and general work on my personal renovation.
    6. 52 Things Posting -- Perhaps a posting each week dedicated to how I accomplished the item I selected to complete that week from the 52 Things list. (This would be posted on Saturdays.)
    7. Discovery Sundays -- Post a review of a website, YouTube video or other web content that supports my goals.
  2. Outfit of the Month -- I've made a commitment to myself to purchase a new outfit for myself each month in 2014. The main focus will be either business or fun, but I'll have a posting dedicated to that each month.
  3. Favorites -- Include regular links to content that is helpful from around the web.
I'd like my blog to be more than just where I record my success/failures with my personal renovation. There is more to me than just weight loss challenges!

I put up an Office Essentials posting on Instagram and so I wanted to include that here. This week's Office Essentials were Creamy Lipstick by Tarte in the shade "Nude", Sephora+Pantone Universe Astral Lip Glaze in the shade "Brandied Melon" and Compact Mirror and Blotting Papers by Hello Kitty. The Wild Thing makeup mirror is my favorite and can be spotted frequently in my makeup bag and the blotting papers generally reside on my desk at the office. Although I have a love of dinky mascaras, I'm also becoming a HUGE fan of lip products and carry several around with me at all times. I may be a late makeup bloomer, but I'm working hard to catch up!

That's it for today. Thanks for checking in. Feel free to leave me comments and let me know if there is something you'd like to see me write about. Have a great evening and until tomorrow, when it will be time for me to write about what I did this week from the list of 52 things, Godspeed, Voyagers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment