Wednesday, July 10, 2013

LG: The Sad Story of Appliances Gone Wrong

I complain no more or less than any other human being, but I am about to complain. You've been warned! I'll keep my story as short as possible, but the story must be told.

Less than 2 years ago I decided that instead of renovating my kitchen I would instead replace every major appliance in my kitchen and laundry room. It is true that I did remodel the small laundry room, but it has less than 20 square feet, so we're talking a bit of paint, tile and a light fixture, but I digress. After reading up on many appliance companies and looking at design and function, I made the decision to purchase all LG appliances and secured the following, new from Sears and Home Depot:
  • 1, Large French door, bottom-freezer refrigerator
  • 1, 5 burner Gas Range
  • 1, Microwave Vent-a-hood
  • 1, Dishwasher
  • 1, Front load Washer
  • 1, Front load matching Dryer
Just after the 1 year warranty ran out here is what we are experiencing:
  1. The dishwasher no longer works even well enough to get all of the dishwasher detergent out of the little dispenser.
  2. Every knob on the front of the range is broken. We had to repair each with wire to try to hold them together so that we can at least use a few of the burners. Two of the knobs are completely unusable.
  3. The handle on the microwave is broken. Because of how the handle is attached, the door has to be replaced in order to accomplish a repair! (Update: it was repaired...I can't tell you by whom.)
  4. The ice maker in the door of the refrigerator stopped making ice.
  5. The front loader washer leaks water in the front and has to be constantly watched for lint build-up or it really leaks, loads.
The bottom line is that not one of these appliances is working as it should. The first refrigerator that we purchased for our home lasted 25 years. Mind you, it was made in America where these LGs are NOT. Yes, there were maintenance type things we did to the old refrigerator. I remember about 10 years before we replaced it, we had to put vaseline on the baring of the freezer fan, but that was actually a fun thing that I did with someone else without any instructions and when it worked, we were so delighted!

The bottom line is that the only one of the LG appliances that hasn't had an issue is the dryer.  I'll NEVER purchase another LG ANYTHING and I urge you to consider other brands very strongly over LG.  I will replace everything as soon as I'm mad enough to spend the money.  I'm totally disappointed, but count it as a learning experience.  I wish you a better experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment