Thursday, July 17, 2014

A Great Day in HumbleVoyager Land

This is the weirdest summer we've had in quite a while. Our area is known for the unpredictability of the weather, but in reality, weather forecasting has never been better. My head is spinning from all of the different people who have 'theories' about why the weather is SO different this year. I just listen and think, "That's a very interesting idea; a load of hog wash, but very interesting." And then I go on about my business. So, while we anxiously await some rain over here, I thought I'd catch you up on the doin's in HumbleVoyager land.

Working from home is going okay. If you read my post from yesterday, you'll know that I'm focused on the benefits and working through the issues. It appears that the spot in which I sit to complete my work at home, is the worst possible spot for my office cell phone. GREAT! I may have to start using my personal cell phone for work calls. Can't be helped. I have to sit here. There really is no other comfortable place for me to work. Besides, I've moved for the last time! My history of living in this house for the past 31 years is fair proof of just what I think of moving.

Exercise is going well. I'm enjoying the videos I've selected to complete each day and I'm able to get my workout in right here in the house. For the moment, that is perfect for me. I really do feel better getting that workout in. I slept so much better last night and I'm convinced it was due to the 1 mile walk I had. Be sure to check out the posting A Game Called Transform to get to the links that will take you to the videos I'm using from YouTube. They really are great! I'm not very good at it yet, but I'm extra heavy at the moment and it will take about 40 lbs. lost for me to start to feel like I'm making progress. Until then, in the words of my sister, I just, "Keep it moving!"

Tonight we're having a much lighter version of Chicken Cordon Bleu for supper, inspired by Sarah Carey from Everyday Food. Be sure to click the link and check out her video of the dish. I changed a couple of things. First, I used ham (Kretchmar's Ham Off The Bone from the deli) instead of Canadian Bacon in my dish. Next, I like Gruyere instead of regular swiss. Finally, I used crushed potato chips for the toping instead of panko bread crumbs and olive oil. To keep the temperature down in my house I used the toaster oven to complete the dish. I served the dish with a standard Cucumber Salad. It really was delicious and so easy! Thank you, Sarah!!
Chicken Cordon Bleu without frying!  Yummy!!
That's it for tonight. I really enjoyed the day and I hope you found happiness, as well. Tomorrow is Friday, when I'll enjoy a half-day of work and be able to prepare nicely for my weekend. Until then, please visit YouTube and watch Sarah Carey make Chicken Cordon Bleu and other great meals and Godspeed, Voyagers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment