Saturday, June 14, 2014

What's For Supper?


I wanted to prove that it is possible to create and eat delicious food and still be true to your plans. This evening, with a little inspiration from Noreen's Kitchen on YouTube, I made Pizza Burgers with Cucumber Salad. It was really delicious! My family loved it. I modified the recipe slightly, you know, as you do, to make it work for me and the ingredients that I had on hand. Noreen's recipe calls for Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses and I didn't have them handy. So I modified the recipe slightly and used Monterey Jack and Cheddar. Also, I added sautéed mushrooms to my sauce, because I wanted to! Here is how it turned out:
My family is still licking their lips! You can find the recipe for this and other great dishes on the blog site: Noreen's Kitchen. Just click here to see the recipe. By the way, with my modifications the supper was just over 500 calories including the salad! Not bad for cheese and beef!! I loved the crunch of the cold salad paired the succulent burger. Also, it was really fun to make. I love cooking and this was just what I needed to make tonight. Thanks, Noreen!!

It was a great Saturday in the neighborhood. I hope you experienced the same thing where you are. Thanks for stopping by. Until next time when I'll likely share more from Nancy's kitchen! Godspeed, Voyagers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment