Saturday, December 29, 2012

Givenchy Meets Big Girl

I've always considered myself a person with little to no taste in clothes.  Personally, I believe this is because, if you haven't already noticed, I'm something of a big girl and no one, but NO ONE was making stylish clothes for big girls...until now.  More and more I'm seeing things that are so beautiful in the stores for girls like me. Some of these things I've been seeing on my stylish little sister!  My biggest drawback has been that I really thought I couldn't wear these things as they were too young for me.  Well, I've changed my mind.  Here is what I've put together for an upcoming business trip to New York (forgive the photography as I was SO excited to be doing anything resembling styling, my shots are less than ideal).

Day 1

The meeting opens on a Monday evening with a cocktail party.  I want to look smart, but not too sparkly.  Here I've paired a bead embellished purple top with dark, wide-leg jeans.  I've added a kitten heel, sling-back shoe in black, black shawl and black clutch.  The wide-leg jeans create a clean line from my hip to the floor and the top has gathering in the right places to show off my ample curves...just a little!

Day 2

This is the first full day of meetings, so I want to be comfortable yet lighthearted.  Here I've paired dark-wash, straight leg jeans with a black top that has lace inset on the front and back bodice.  I've added a pair of comfortable Anne Klein zip flats and a black clutch.  A bright scarf in pink and white plaid gives a pop of cheerful color and some added warmth. (I also have a casual black jacket if I get too cold!)















Day 3

We're in the groove now and I'll need a little more excitement in my day.  Forgive the lousy photograph, but what I'm showing here is the dark-wash, straight leg jeans now with a colorful, pleated chiffon blouse over a black lace camisole.  My shoes are the same Anne Klein zip flats, and a black CC Skye clutch.














Day 4

This is my last day of meetings, but there is an award banquet in the evening and so I've worked out two looks for this day.  For day, I've brought out my black pants and topped it with an off-white turtle-necked shell and added a large scarf with dark green impressionist painting which fades from both ends to off-white in the middle, to cover my shoulders and arms.  I'll wear my black pumps and carry the CC Skye bag.

For the evening, I'll wear my new LBD!  It has lovely beaded styling in the bodice and cap sleeves.  I'll pair this with the black sling-back heels, black hose, evening bag and black shawl.  I'll add my sparkliest rhinestone jewelry to spike things up a bit and smoke up my eye makeup.

Following are the alternate looks which will travel with me, just in case I change my mind (likely to happen as I'm just that way!):




Lots of black and white! Obviously, the black sling-back heels are going to get a workout during this meeting, but they are really lovely and work equally well for business and evening.  They are black, diamond quilted suede, with a kitten heel.  The heel, toe and back strap are all patent leather.  The shoes are made by Vaneli and are the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever owned.

These extra outfits will give me something to change into should we have lots of activities after the meetings.  Also, the final outfit here is for the one evening we are likely to go "out" of the hotel of dinner.  This outfit is made up of black pants, topped with a red turtle-neck and covered with a black cowl-neck fringed poncho.  The red scarf has leopard print hearts and leopard print trim.  I added the black heels and CC Skye bag and it really looks lovely.  I hope it's cold enough for all these layers, because I'm going to look SMASHING in this outfit!!

The other comfortable shoes that will travel along with me are my new Fergalicious flats by Fergie.
Dark gray with chain detailing at the toes; they are really cute!  These will go perfectly with a dark gray handbag that is currently doing duty as my every-day bag.  Thank you, DSW!

I'm ready for my meeting and trip to New York! By the way, I think I'll call my style Givenchy meets Big Girl, hence the title.  I'm here; I'm BIG and I'm going to wear whatever I like, damn it!!!  Want to make something out of it??  (Hands on Hips!!)  Ta-ta for now, sweeties!!

No comments:

Post a Comment