Friday, December 28, 2012

Foundation: Makeup Forever HD

I'm testing foundations! Me being average, I mean really average, I want to show that real women can stop the madness that is crummy foundation and find happiness in a world of better products.

I have never been one who found it easy to use makeup. I have Rosacia and those who have this virus will never be rid of it. This is what I look like without makeup, but treated:

It can range from a little redness to out and out disfigured! I control mine with a topical medication and when I have major flare-ups, a low grade antibiotic will help me. Since I don't like pills, I use the topical most of the time. The other issues I have are lots of broken capillaries, very baggy eyes and hyper-pigmentation!  Drug store makeup, which is all I ever knew, since that is what my mother used, has never worked for me. It can make me react with even more redness and rash and so for more than 25 years, I just didn't wear any makeup.

Then one day about 2 years ago, I attended a funeral where in honor of the deceased, I put on makeup to look my best. At that funeral so many people said nice things about how I looked. The one comment/question that got me was, "Why don't we see you like this more often?" Well, why not indeed!! So here I am trying out foundations and practicing my technique!

Today, I used Makeup Forever HD foundation. This foundation changed my life! It is the first foundation that truly matched my skin tone, didn't cause any awful skin reactions and looks fairly natural. I apply this foundation with fingers. The base is smoothed on then I'm able to pat some on for more coverage where I am very red. I do not powder except where I conceal. Here is me with just foundation on (big difference!):
In the end, I think I'd call this my favorite everyday foundation. Cost wise, it's not cheap, but I think you get what you pay for. I paid $44 at Sephora for this foundation, but I also get VIB perks, so there is value for me there.

Here is what the finished look is like:
Okay, overlooking the crazy hair, garment strap slippage and silly bathroom background, I think it looks pretty good and feels very natural!

Thanks for dropping by.  More foundations and looks to come (oh, and other stuff because that's just how I roll)! See you soon, sweeties!









No comments:

Post a Comment